Hello Old Friend!

Wow! It's been a while since I posted. I guess my bum thumb took more out of me than I realized!! :) Because of my thumb I hadn't felt like doing much on the crafting front. I did
however manage to muster the strength to go shopping!! I got a new pair of shoes that I LOVE!!! They are so comfortable. I'm debating on buying a red pair too!!! :)

In other news, I had sent my dear friend her bridal shower present and could not wait to hear if she had gotten it or not!! We were all supposed to create something to go in a little
memory box. It could be a picture or we
could write out some marriage advice (yeah right!!) or recall a special moment we had spent together. I decided I wanted to make something
collage-ish. Maybe a book mark. I was hoping to make something like this or this or any of these. But no matter how hard I tried or how many times I attempted it, I just couldn't get that look. Alas I settled on what you see in the picture.

I love that collage/vintage/altered look. Perhaps it looks easy. Maybe it is for others. Not for me. I am determined to keep trying though!! :)

I also made my friend a pendant. It is a large silver disk. Not for the faint of heart. No! This pendant will get noticed! It's hammered and
antiqued on one side. On the other I stamped in "I have found the one my soul loves" and then their names. They have been using this verse from Song of Songs on all their wedding items. I LOVE it! What a beautiful and powerful verse! I am just so happy for the two of them!! And am so thankful to count her as one of my friends!! :)

I have a few other projects in the works that I am super, super excited about. These are all top secret for the time being. As SOON as I can let the cat out of the bag, I will!!! And you KNOW I'll post pictures too!!!

I know I said it before, to go check out my friends new blog, but go check it out again! She has outdone herself again!! Check out her painting of Vladimir!!! It'ssoo good!!! I can't wait till she reveals the rest of the painting!!!

Ohh yes! One more thing. I have converted my blog to the new beta blogger format. Hopefully it all goes ok. If you come here and this blog is dedicated to death metal music, something has gone terribly wrong!!!! :)


*update* Maybe it's just a coincidence or just me, but I have had a
terrible time with my post today. The text lines are breaking up in
crazy places for no reason and going on top of the pictures. I've never
had that happen before. Beta format?????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great shoes! And the tag and pendant are both gorgeous! Makes me want to get back to crafting.
:-) K

Stephanie said...

I want a pendant like that with Zack's name on it! I will do anything for one!

Nicole Honner said...

I love this pendant- it's amazing! Words + silver melt my heart every time. :)